Here are all the facts, experiences, techniques and media/links we have on:
also known as Autoerotic Asphyxia
With contributions by Anonymous. - Thanks!
If you deprive your brain and body of oxygen, the result is death.
Depending on lung capacity and how oxygenated the blood is, there can
be PERMANENT harmful effects such as brain damage with only 3 minutes.
Those folks who hold their breath while they swim the pool- they worked
up to that... A safer version of breath play is to have the sub hold
their breath, and but be able to breathe if they need to.
A sexual preference for activities that involve oxygen deprivation. Common forms include Face Sitting, Hand-Over-Mouth (HOM), "Bagging,"
and Breast Smothering, as well as oxygen deprivation with nearly any
other body part. In extreme forms, the Asphyxiophiliac may
fantasize about being smothered to unconsciousness or dieing of erotic
Humans need oxygen or we die. It's that simple. When you cut off the supply of oxygen, you can kill some one.
- Extreme care is to be taken during any form of oxygen deprivation, as
brain damage, disability, and death are very real and surprisingly easy
to accomplish outcomes.
- Be sure to have a safe action that is
always known and followed to help ensure that play stops when the
person being deprived of oxygen needs it to stop.
- Safe words will not
work for this kind of play, being as the mouth will be covered.
- One should ALWAYS keep a clock nearby so that play never exceeds a certain
amount of time.
- It is extremely important that both partners be
well tuned into eachother so as to see when the person being deprived
is reaching their limit.
- Most importantly, know your own
limits. Do not ever allow yourself to go without using the safe action
until it is too late simply because you don't feel ready to stop play
- Many people advise against any asphyxiation play due to potential dangers. Be extremely cautious. People DO die from this.